What’s Your Adptitude?
See what we did there? We mashed up the words “ad” and “aptitude”, creating an all-new word meaning “One’s aptitude for advertising.” Totally the kind of thing someone with a high adptitude would do. Or maybe it’s just a word that’s confusing to read and physically painful to pronounce. Point is, we’ve put together a little survey to help you gauge your adptitude.
Keep track of all your answer selections so you can score your adptitude at the end. Good luck.
1. What’s your tolerance for having an idea rejected?
a) It’s not fun, but I understand it’s all part of the process
b) It’s not the rejection, I just have hyperactive tear ducts
c) I don’t have to worry about it because I’ve never had a bad idea
2. Which historical figure would you most like to meet?
a) Bill Bernbach
b) Colonel Sanders
c) Harry Truman
3. What’s the best measure of an ad’s effectiveness?
a) How do you measure a feeling?
4. Which of the following is NOT an ad agency?
5. When you see a lemon, what does it make you think of?
a) VW Bugs
c) Lemon meringue pie
6. Complete the following “Hey Whipple, ______. “
a) Squeeze this.
b) Where's the Charmin?
c) What time is it?
7. How stupid is the word adptitude?
a) Mind bogglingly
If you picked mostly A's: Nice adptitude. You get a gold pencil.
If you picked mostly B's: You are a lump of ad clay in need of molding.
If you picked mostly C's: Accounting can be a very rewarding career.
04.06.15 The Biz